Assignment #1 – Review Service Learning Information
- Review the information on service learning.
- Describe a HOSA chapter community service activity that you are going to turn into a service learning opportunity for HOSA members.
- Use a word processor to create a response, no more than one
page in length.
Assignment #2 - Review Golf Tournament Packet
- Go to the HOSA website and review the HOSA Golf Tournament packet.
Golf Tournament Guide
- After your review, list the pros and cons of pursing this fundraising idea. Create document with word processor.
Assignment #3 – Review Information
- Review the information on the Medical Reserve Corps, particularly the partnership opportunities section and the talking points document.
Assignment #4 – Make Appointment
Make an appointment with your local Medical Reserve Corps Director.
- Make note of your MRC Director's name and contact info.
- Make note of the
Appointment Date and Time
- Complete the Report Form in Attachment 4-1 (PDF) and fax it to National HOSA.
- Sample Letter
Assignment #5 – HOSA Parent Survey
- Make copies of the HOSA Parent Survey (DOC) and send one copy home with each HOSA chapter member.
- Give HOSA members a deadline to return the form. Record:
- Number distributed
- Number returned
- Return percentage
- Percentage of members with 1 or more parents working in health care
- Once you compile the results of your survey, send a follow-up thank you to parents who volunteered to help, and let them know they will be contacted as activities are planned.
- If four or more parents volunteered to work with the HOSA Booster Club, arrange a meeting with those parents and help them get organized. Once the booster club process begins, the chapter advisor is usually not actively involved in most booster activities.