Thursday, June 27, 2002
Thursday is event day! Over 3200 HOSA members
participated in 48 recognition and competitive events.
Partnerships! Through exhibits, workshops, sessions
and events, HOSA was proud to partner with the following associations
at this National Leadership Conference:
- Kaiser Permanente
- Nursing Spectrum
- Nurses for a Healthier Tomorrow
- American Dental Assistants Association
- National Health Council
- National Association of Parliamentarians
- American Cancer Society
- American Health Information Management Association
- American Society of Radiologic Technologists
- National Consortium on Health Science Technology Education
- PocketNurse Enterprises, Inc.
- St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
- President's Student Service Award
Educational Symposiums were held. These workshops offer
an exciting learning opportunity for HOSA members and advisors.
Featured workshops this year included:
- Pathophysiology of Trauma
- Hee Hee Healing: The Power and Joy of Humor
- STOP the Violence
- Medical Terminology Online
- Hands on Anatomy in Clay
- Snore No More
- Physical Assessment and Getting Them Back in the Game
- Parliamentary Procedure: Playing by the Rules
- 300 Ways to Put your Talent to Work in the Health Field
- Cancer Research
- Multimedia and Multiple Intelligence: How do You Learn?